10 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your HVAC System
- Increased Running TimeIf your HVAC system is running more often than usual and takes longer than it ever has before to reach the temperature set on your thermostat, that can be a sign that your heating and cooling equipment is on its last leg of life and may need to replaced.
- Running LoudlyIf your HVAC equipment is being extra noisy, especially to the point of large banging or clanking noises, that doesn’t bode well for the health of your heating and cooling system.
- Many Repairs Required to Keep UpFind yourself dialing your local HVAC repair company on the regular? If you’re paying to repair your system multiple times per year, it may be time to consider investing in new equipment, rather than spending money on the old, outdated system. Eventually it is simply more cost-effective.
- You’ve Lapsed on Scheduling Annual MaintenanceHVAC experts recommend scheduling annual maintenance for your heating and cooling systems, a tune up in the spring for cooling equipment and a tune up in the fall for heating equipment. If you’ve never had your equipment maintained by an HVAC professional, that means your systems are working over time to keep your home a comfortable temperature. Without regular maintenance, efficiency decreases and your energy bills go up.
- System is 10 Years Old or OlderIt’s recommended to replace HVAC equipment every 10-15 years, but that’s more relevant now than ever because the EPA has discontinued R-22 refrigerant because it’s bad for the environment. If your cooling equipment runs on R-22, it will become very expensive to replace that refrigerant as stocks run out in the United States.New HVAC equipment will operate using R-410A refrigerant, which has less detrimental impact to our global climate.
- Higher Resale Value If You’re Selling Your HomeSelling your home? You can increase the price tag by installing brand new HVAC equipment!
- Increasing Energy BillsStressed out by ever-increasing monthly utility bills? This could be a direct result of outdated HVAC equipment on your home. Manufacturers have developed incredibly efficient heating and cooling equipment with SEER ratings over 20! You can save thousands in energy bills over time after upgrading to a new system.
- Uneven Temperatures Throughout Your HomeFrustrated by uneven temperatures in your home? One room is cold, while another is blistering hot. If your HVAC system is incapable of keeping consistent temperatures indoors, that’s a sign it’s nearing the end of it’s life.
- No Programmable ThermostatIf your current HVAC equipment isn’t compatible with a smart, programmable thermostat, that’s a good sign that it is pretty old and you could use an upgrade. With a smart thermostat in place, you gain much more control over your indoor temperature and that allows you to enhance your savings on energy bills.
- Increased Dust in the Home indicates your system is no longer able to remove it as well as it used to, generally decrease air qualityIf you’ve noticed a decline in your indoor air quality, you can often blame that on agin HVAC equipment. As systems grow older, their ability to properly filter air decreases.
If your system meets any of the above criteria, it may be time to consider replacing your HVAC systems.
At Zen Air Heating & Cooling, we offer a wide range of equipment and prices with great financing options to make the process more affordable than ever.
Contact us today to get started. We offer free, no obligation quotes on all systems.